Monday, June 1, 2009

Apples & Pears


Well, I finally cracked the sewing machine out again!
A couple of nights ago I came across this lovely old 1976 pattern which my friend Tina found, so decided to let the moths out of the Singer.
We used Alexander Henry fabric 'Apples and Pears'.

The original pattern had a couple of pockets but the fabric is already so busy that I didn't want to add anything to it. I might try another in a plain fabric and put a print fabric on the yoke and pockets. It also had gathering rather than the pleats, but I thought the pleats looked tidier.

It feels a little 'Partridge Family' don't you think?
Miss Paige had fun smooshing her feet into the mud, singing, and jumping in puddles whilst modeling for her Mama, at Ella's AFL game yesterday.

2 comments:

Cherry said...

I just think that this is the cutest little tunic. Retro, but not too retro, and very very fun! She looks so happy in it, you did a great job. I have a couple of old patterns to use, but most of them are tragic 1980's puffy party dresses, though there are a few 1970's tunic patterns in there thankfully. One day I will use them! And who knows, the puffy party dress may come back into style!!!!

Rachael said...

I hope you don't mind, but I tagged you to take part in a Meme... http://alittle-bitofeverything.blogspot.com/2009/06/meme.html

Thanks
Rachael.