Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Handmade Swaps!


Now that my recipient has received her goodies I'm allowed to show them off here too.
One of the cushions I picked up at Ikea the other week became a pocket on this little pinny. I was pretty happy with how it came out, especially as a first go at this pattern. It's fully lined and in my favourite colours - green and orange.


I also made up this eco-bag in an evening using this tute. It was super-easy and the bag felt like it could withstand a bit of weight. It's another Ikea furnishing fabric. Might have to make a few more of these up.


Anyway, the best bit of this whole handmade swap thing was the postie bringing me a parcel too - it was so fun to have a surprise! Jakki organised the swap and I was lucky enough to have her be the one to make our loot, which was this gorgeous quilt for Heath. I can't stop looking at it! It's so soft and yummy and boyish and just the right size for him to snuggle on the lounge with when it's cool. The back is light blue minky dot. I need one too!



No comments: