Monday, January 12, 2009

MCNs Take One


So the other day I finally did something about the nappies I've been wanting to make for months. I don't want to start chopping into the bamboo fleece just yet until I find/make a pattern I really like. I printed out the Wee Weka pattern and used some cotton terry nappies that I originally bought when I was having Paige but didn't end up using, and some polar fleece with a cute ducky print for the inside. There's two layers of terry in the nappy, plus a snap in terry soaker doubled over. I did just one row of snaps instead of two. Next time I'll attach the snaps closer to the ends of the tabs too so they don't look so flappy.
I think I'd like for future nappies for the sides to either be wider and squarer on the top tabs, or for the sides to snap under the front panel instead of on top. It fit well though and didn't leak. We just popped a PUL cover over the top.
I've just printed out the Ottobre nappy pattern so I'll give that one a whirl next and see what we like about that one. Then we'll try making one with the good fabrics :)
Some pics above of Master Heath. I can't believe he'll be a big 1 year old in ten days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa!
I LOVE that pic of Heath!
he is looking so cheeky!

Nic said...

You are very clever! They look a like a nifty take on the conventional cloth nappy.