Saturday, December 13, 2008

Crossover Apron Top


My little niece, Isabella was off to a Christmas party last weekend and my sister was keen to have something made from some lightweight orange floral cotton she picked up when we stocked up at Spotlight a few weeks back. I had free reign with the style and had been eager to try a simple apron style top with a crossover back after reading this tutorial so that's what we went with. This one is in a size 8. I made some orange gingham frill for around the neckline and also put together some gingham pants with a drawstring waist. The pants made the ensemble look a bit pyjama-ish so she wore them with a pair of blue clamdiggers instead and finished it off with some orange and blue ribbons tied up in her ponytails. Next time I'm going to make the reversible version for Paige. They look like they'll be nice and cool for summer, and pretty quick to cut and put together (and also very cute I think!).

No comments: